Specialist Practice - Mental Health Psychosocial Interventions (P.Grad.Cert.)
1 Year Part-Time
This P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice programme has been developed, in partnership with associated health service providers, to meet the demands and challenges within the health care system and specifically within specialist care. The programme is firmly grounded in a body of knowledge and clinical expertise that aims to promote excellence in the area of specialist care practice. It is also designed to provide academically robust education for the students and the various modules offered develop and complement subjects undertaken at degree or 'equivalent' level.
Students must accumulate 30 ECTS and successfully complete three modules for the award of P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice. Students who successfully complete the P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice without compensation are eligible for entry to the relevant M.Sc./P.Grad. Dip. programme.
The modules are each worth 10 ECTS and are:
Interdisciplinary Mental Health – Psychosocial Interventions
1. Deconstructing Theoretical Perspectives on Human Distress
2. Working with People Who Experience Psychosis or Related Experiences
3. Inter-Professional Family Work
1 Year Part-Time
Closing Date30 June 2020
Admission Requirements Interdisciplinary – Mental Health incl. the Psychosocial Interventions strand
- be currently working in mental health/mental illness field; and
- normally hold an honours degree in a relevant discipline; or
- otherwise satisfy the selection panel that they have the ability to complete and benefit from the programme.
Note, this strand is open to a wide range of professionals. Nurses undertaking this strand must have current registration on the appropriate division of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland live register.
All applicants to the School of Nursing and Midwifery whose first language is not English or who have not been educated through the medium of English must present one of the following qualifications in the English language:
• IELTS: Grade 6.5 overall with a minimum of grade of 6.5 in each category
• TOEFL: 88 internet-based, 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based. The test taken here should be TOEFL IBT
• University of Cambridge:
Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
• Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 to be eligible (with no section score below 59)
• An award certificate with a minimum II.1 overall score from Trinity's Centre for English Language Learning and Teaching's Pre-sessional Pathway Programme
Please note that test scores are only valid for two years.
To apply, click on the relevant Apply Link below