MSc in Economics Admission Requirements
Candidates should normally have achieved at least a second-class honours, Grade 1 degree that has a significant quantitative component. Applications are welcomed from candidates with single or joint honours Economics degrees, social science and business degrees with a large share of final-year Economics options, or degrees in mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering.
Candidates are expected to provide their GRE-scores as part of the application process.
Candidates from backgrounds other than economics or mathematical degrees are requested to provide evidence of their mathematical ability, for example, specific courses completed, standardised tests, references etc.
All applicants whose first language is not English and who have not been educated through the medium of English must present evidence of English language competency, for further details please click here
The closing date for the submission of applications is June 30th 2020. Late applications from strongly qualified applicants may be considered after this date subject to availability of places.
Applicants who wish to be considered for a scholarship must submit their application by 30th April 2020.
A complete application requires:
- Complete transcript (translated into English)
- Evidence of strong quantitative background (e.g. GRE, GMAT) *
- Two recommendation letters (academic references are preferred)
- Evidence of English proficiency (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL) * where appropriate
- Personal statement
- Application form
* Please contact us under firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience problems preventing you from accessing test centers. We are now also able to consider candidates who have taken a Duolingo online language test instead of a physical IELTS test.