Skip to main content

Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin

Trinity Menu Trinity Search

You are here Student Finance

Fees 2023/24

The Student Finance team work to ensure all elements of the student’s finance lifecycle are carried out effectively and on time. These include:

  • Student & sponsor receipts
  • Student payments/refunds
  • Student & sponsor bills
  • Student sponsorships
  • Administration of student:  SUSI grants / HEA Free Fees Initiative / US & UK Loan programs / Trinity Funding
  • Student fee queries and advice

We’re happy to help where we can and we hold specialised clinics at peak time throughout the year. Student Finance are located within the Academic Registry in the Watts Building.

When contacting us, we require you to have your 8 digit student number to hand. As we are a green team, you can email us @ and if you add the subject line “FAO Student Finance”, your email will be forwarded directly to our team.

If you prefer a nominated person to speak to us on your behalf, you are required to email this request to us first, for GDPR purposes. The TCD Calendar can be a great source of information in particular for fee related information. Please check it out at here.


Accommodation Queries

Student Finance upload accommodation charges & credits to your ledger in order for you to make payment.

These charges are payable in 4 instalments per semester – 8 payments in total for the year.

Any queries relating to the intricacies of your accommodation charges should be directed to the accommodations office.

For due dates and amounts, please visit the TCD accomodation website.

Child of Staff/Member of Staff Fee Remission

All enquiries should be made to Human Resources by phone +353 (0)1 896 3333, or email

Visa Letter and Visa/Immigration Information

Visa Letters
To generate your visa letter in your student portal, please follow the instructions below:

  1. Log in to your student portal.
  2. Select My Applications from the top menu.
  3. Click on generate visa letter.
  4. Select your course from the drop down list. 
  5. Press ‘Generate’.

If you  feel the visa letter does not accurately reflect your charges or payments please contact

Visa & Immigration Information
Please use the below link for more information on Visas and Immigration issues.
Visas & Immigration - Study - Trinity College Dublin (