Online Module Enrolment
Online module enrolment for Junior Fresh students will open on Tuesday, 21st September at 3 pm.
You do not need to have completed registration for the 2021/22 academic year to enrol on your modules.
Note: Not all courses are required to conduct online module enrolment. If you do not receive an invitation to conduct online module enrolment online via your my.tcd.ie in tray, then then it does not apply to you and your school or course office will enrol you on your modules.
- You will also have received information on the module selections that are available during your course Orientation session.
- Your decisions on what modules to take should be made carefully by consulting your course handbook and departmental website. These will contain descriptions , learning mode and learning outcomes for each module as well as assessment information.
- Modules are available on a first come first served basis so you should make your selections as soon as possible after online module enrolment opens.
- Your module selections must be credit balanced. You need to ensure that you have 30 credits of modules per semester and have 60 credits overall. You will not be able to complete online module enrolment until your module selections are semester balanced.
Accessing online module enrolment
To enrol on optional modules ( including Trinity electives and open modules) or confirm compulsory modules, please log into my.tcd.ie, using your college username and password. Goto "My Programme"
Read the instructions on the screen carefully and follow the instructions. Take care to ensure that you have 30 credits of modules per semester.
A full userguide outlining the online module enrolment process step by step is available here.
Once you have confirmed your module selections enrolment, you will receive an in-tray message to the homepage of my.tcd.ie confirming your module selections.
Important note: once you have confirmed your selections do not click on the online module enrolment hyperlink on the "My Programme" page doing so will void your selections and you would have to reselect your modules!
Descriptions for modules can be accessed from my.tcd.ie by clicking on the plus symbol and browsing to "Courses & Modules". Then click on the "View Module Descriptive Details" link.
Then enter the code of the module and click the "view modules button"
Queries on module content should be directed to your school or course office.
Technical queries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Changing your module selections
If you have already chosen your modules and wish to change your mind you can go back into online module enrolment while it is still open.
However please note: Once you click on the online module enrolment hyperlink this will void your selections and you must recomplete online module enrolment again! This also immediately makes the places on these modules available for other students to select. So if you have secured a place on a very popular module you risk losing it by going back into online module enrolment.
- Log back into my.tcd.ie
- Goto "My Programme"
- Click on the "Online module enrolment" link
Click on "Undo Selections" (Shown above)- This will bring you to the page where you can undo your selections.
To undo a selection Click on the bin icon beside the module code
- This will remove the module and then allow you to reselect another module.
- Once you have selected your new module. Click on the "Submit Selections" and then "Confirm".
If the module is full you will receive a message.
- Once you have confirmed your module selections you will receive a new intray message with your new module selections.