Invigilators are required for examinations held each year within Trinity College. Invigilation is open to all registered postgraduate students undertaking research courses, both full and part time.
Please read the following information before you apply to become an invigilator:
Examinations for Semester 1 2021/22 begin at 9:30 and 14:00. The rate of pay for standard invigilators is an adjusted rate of €17.29 per hour. Invigilators will be required to check in at an assigned time prior to the commencement of the scheduled exam.
Please note: Applying for invigilation work does not guarantee that you will be successful. Invigilation slots are limited, and not all applicants will be allocated work.
To apply to become an invigilator please see below:
Step 1 - All applicants
- Complete the online application form by 4:30pm on Wednesday, 10 November 2021.
Step 2 - New applicants only
• New applicants must submit a signed Character Reference form no later than 4:30pm on Wednesday, 10 November 2021.
• The form should be completed by your TCD research supervisor, TCD Course Director or a person of standing in your Faculty.
• Character Reference Forms will only be accepted via email to email@example.com with “Invigilation Character Reference” in the subject line. Do not submit paper copies to the Academic Registry.
• It is your responsibility to ensure your reference is submitted to the Examinations Office by the deadline.
Character Reference Form 2021/22 (PDF)
Only registered postgraduate research students (including part-time student) may apply. You may continue to invigilate up to the date of your commencement ceremony.
Invigilation training sessions will be held ahead of the exam sessions, and each session will last around one hour. To facilitate attendance, there will be several sessions each semester. The Exams Team will circulate dates of the training sessions to everyone who is successful in their application for invigilation work.
All invigilators who are allocated work must attend a training session. Failure to attend training will disqualify you from working as an invigilator.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title “2021/22 Invigilation Enquiry".
The instructions provided below are in the process of being updated for the 2021/22 academic year and will be made available shortly.