Visiting Student Module Enrolment Process and Module Directory
Information on Module Enrolment
- The list of all module available to visiting students is shown below in the Module Directory.
- You will be sent a direct communication from the Academic Registry to your application email address requesting your module preferences.
- Modules are enrolled subject to timetabling constraints. Students are not permitted to take clashing modules i.e. where there is a timetable clash with another module. Neither module/tutorial will be registered on your record until the clashing is resolved with the relevant academic department(s)/school.
- A full academic year is equivalent to 60 ECTS. Full year students are expected to take a minimum of 45 ECTS and single term students a minimum of 20-30 ECTS.
- The Academic Registry is responsible for the administrative process of module registration only. Any queries in relation to course content, course requirement or clashes should be directed to the relevant academic school.
- If you register for a module and do not withdraw officially by the submission deadline you will receive a mark of ABSENT on your Trinity transcript.
If you have any questions about the module enrolment process, please log a ticket via your my.tcd.ie portal using the AskAR button. This will allow us to assign your query to the Visiting Student enrolment support team to ensure a quicker response.
Any questions in relation to the modules and academic content should be directed to the relevant academic school delivering the module.
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Visiting students may take up to two Trinity Electives (TE), one per semester. The application process for you takes place in early September and early January. Please be advised there is no change of mind period for your TE modules so make sure to choose carefully!
More information on Trinity Electives can be found on the TE website.