SubmissionsWhy submit an essay?
There are plenty of reasons why to contribute:
- The Student Economic Review is one of Trinity's most prestigious societies and one of Europe's only student-run Economic journal.
- Essays are accepted from students of all years. In particular, we reserve places for a minimum of two Senior Freshman essays and five Junior Sophister essays. So, if you're in the early stages of your undergraduate degree, please consider submitting your work for consideration.
- It's always a noteworthy achievement to have a written work published, particularly at an undergraduate level. The SER offers Trinity students such an opportunity. What's more, publication is an advantageous feature on any CV.
- Any of you contemplating attempting the Scholarship exams this year may find the SER an ideal opportunity to try out and develop essay ideas and writing skills; such skills being a pre-requisite for success in Schols.
- All those kind enough to submit material for our consideration will be invited along to the official launch of the SER in March 2017.
- As a further incentive, published essays will be eligible for financial prizes under the following categories:
- Best Overall Essay
- Best Applied Economics Essay
- These prizes will be presented on the night of the launch.
Should you find any of the above arguments convincing, please read on about how to submit an essay. The deadline for submission is Friday the 17th February 2017.