Quantitative Methods for Economics II
Module Code: TBC
- ECTS Credit: 10
- Mandatory/Optional: Core module (compulsory)
- Period: Semester 2
- Module Coordinator: Professor Carol Newman
- Teaching Staff: Professor Carol Newman
This module develops intermediate level concepts of data analysis and statistics with practical applications to economics and policy. The emphasis is on hypothesis design and testing. The goal is to provide students with tools for developing hypothesis, collecting data and analysing said hypotheses. Topics covered include construction of confidence intervals for estimators, hypothesis testing, analysis of variance and simple linear regression. Assignments are based on real-world data and problems in a wide range of fields.
On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
MLO5.1 Abstract from concrete problems to generic concepts.
MLO5.2 Problem-solve using quantitative methods
MLO5.3 Perform simple statistical analysis.
- Continuous assessment and Project [60%]: It will involve a practical application of material studied during the module.
- Final Examination [40%]: It will test critical understanding and appropriate application of topics covered in the module.