Economic Analysis A
Module Code: ECU33011 (old code EC3110)
Module Title: Economic Analysis A
- ECTS Weighting: 5
- Semester/Term Taught: Semester 1
- Contact Hours: 22 hours of lectures and 4 hours of tutorials
- Module Personnel: Lecturer - Professor Michael Wycherley
- Be actively conversant with the terminology of macroeconomics; Interpret macroeconomic data;
- Synthesize a broad range of topics in modern macroeconomics
Module Learning Aims
This module builds on the foundations of EC2110 & EC2111 Intermediate Economics, developing some of the topics from that module, and introducing some new ones.
Macroeconomics: intertemporal consumption and labour supply; investment theory; money demand; the analysis of business cycles; monetary policy; fiscal policy.
Recommended Reading List
No prescribed text, readings and cases will be provided by the lecturer throughout the module.
Module Pre Requisite
EC2110 & EC2111 Intermediate Economics
ECU33012 Economic Analysis B
There are two assignments, the first assignment is worth 40% and the second is worth 60% of the overall module mark. Late submissions will be penalised 10% per day.
https://sites.google.com/site/wycherlm/ec3110 available via Blackboard.