How we can support you
Trinity College Dublin graduates can access a range of supports from the professional team of Careers Consultants at Trinity Careers Service. These include:
MyCareer online careers portal
MyCareer is the online portal that connects you with Trinity Careers Service. Log in and personalise your profile to receive updates about events and opportunities of interest to you. Using MyCareer you can:
- Search and apply for opportunities - vacancies and competitions
- Search postgraduate courses and funding opportunities
- View and book onto employer and Trinity Careers Service events
- Submit your career queries to the Careers Service team
- Book an appointment with your Careers Consultant- available to recent graduates until 30th June in the year following their course ending. Please see 'Recent graduate career guidance appointments' for more information
Planning your career and figuring out your next steps in a world full of choices can be challenging, and we are here to help. We offer individual Recent Graduate career guidance appointments throughout the academic year and during holiday periods, depending on availability. This is a confidential, impartial and non-directive meeting with a qualified careers consultant with responsibility for the course you studied, who will support you in planning the next step in your career.
Topics covered in these sessions can include, but are not limited to, options available within your preferred area, feedback on an application, further study options, disclosure of health problems to employers or gaps on your CV. You can book a 20 minute Recent Graduate appointment through MyCareer. If you prefer a phone or Skype meeting include your contact details at time of booking.
Recent graduates can avail of one-to-one appointments until the 30th June in the year following your course ending.
Please see our 'Policy on Services to Graduates' below for more details.
Practice interviews offer a great opportunity for you to get ready for a real job interview. This highly practical support helps to boost your confidence and develops your interviewing skills. During a practice interview an experienced Careers Consultant will take you through an interview scenario, asking you interview questions based on the job to which you are applying. There is the option to be filmed while answering questions to enhance your learning. After the practice interview you will receive feedback from the consultant, and watch clips of the video to help you gain an understanding of what you are doing well and what could be improved. This service is particularly beneficial if you haven’t experienced an interview before, if you have had a number of interviews without securing a job offer, or if you haven’t attended an interview in a long time.
More information on practice interviews is available here:
Please see our 'Policy on Services to Graduates' below for more details.
CV and LinkedIn profile clinic
In these clinics you can:
- drop-in at the time of the clinic. In addition to bookable sliots drop-in review slots are also available throughout the clinic and allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- reserve a bookable slot using MyCareer,
A team of PhD students, who are fully trained CV Reviewers, offer a weekly clinic to review your CV, cover letter or LinkedIn profile. This is a 15 minute meeting with a CV Reviewer who will review one document and give you feedback. This service is ideal if you want a quick general review of the layout and content of one of these documents and tips on how to target your CV for specific roles. Usage is restricted to once a month during busy periods.
Online Tools - Profiling for Success, Vault Career Insider and Devex
Trinity graduates can access exclusive online tools such as:
Profiling for Success
Profiling for Success is a series of online psychometric tests that can help you learn more about yourself and your strengths, which will help you make informed career and personal choices.
Assessments available through Profiling for Success are
- Values based Indicator of Motivation
- Type Dynamics Indicator (TDI) personality type questionnaire
- EI Questionnaire Plus
- Career Interests Inventory
- Numerical Reasoning Skills Test (Aptitude Test)
- Verbal Reasoning Skills Test (Aptitude Test)
- Abstract Reasoning Skills Test (Aptitude Test)
- Learning Styles Indicator questionnaire
Before you take the test you should read our Profiling for Success summary.
Vault Career Insider
The Vault’s Career Insider has been added to our vast collection of resources at the Careers Service.
Vault is the world’s leading source of Career Intelligence. It will make your efforts at researching employers, industries, and career subjects infinitely easier and more efficient. Whether you are just exploring possible career paths or you are ready for your interview, Career Insider can help!
Here’s what you can do once you’re inside:
- Download career titles on different Industries, Companies, and general Career Topics for FREE! Research Top Employers
- Explore Industries and Professions
- Gain Career Advice to Get Ahead
- Share and Discuss your interests and experiences with other users
- Much more
Devex is the go to portal for International Development. The tool aims to connect and inform the community, those working and those with an interest, on funding and career opportunities while also opening up discussions on development, health, humanitarian & sustainability issues. It uses news, business intelligence and community involvement to share knowledge and link participants.
If you would like to access online tools please contact the Trinity Careers Service team firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a non-refundable fee of €40 associated with accessing the package of online tools: Profiling for success, Vault Career Insider and Devex.
The Careers Service has developed great relationships with organisations within various industries and links students and graduates with employers at the Employer Fair. You can get information about job opportunities, career perspectives and get a first-hand experience from talking to top employers. Employer Fairs are tailored to specific industries and you are welcome to attend a fair of your interest.
Graduate Outcomes Survey
The survey is now CLOSED for the Class of 2018
If you would still like to participate please contact the Trinity Careers Service on email@example.com or phone 01 896 1721.
Trinity participates in the HEA’s annual Graduate Outcomes Survey which provides an essential source of information on graduate transitions into the labour market and further study in Ireland. This survey collects data from graduates approximately nine months after graduation in relation to the main activities that the graduate is engaged and their experience of higher education. The HEA uses this data for fact-based statistical analysis to help understand the real needs that higher education should meet to promote equality of opportunity to higher education and to assist the government in developing future higher education policies and investment. Trinity also uses this data for statistical analysis, reporting and planning purposes.
A link to the online survey will be sent by Trinity to the relevant cohort of Trinity graduates in the April following graduation. This will be followed by a telephone survey of those graduates who have not completed the online survey.
Details of Trinity’s data protection policy can be found at https://www.tcd.ie/info_compliance/data-protection/policy/.
Policy on Services to Graduates
- Recent graduates can continue to avail of all services including one-to-one appointments and practice interviews. These can be booked until the 30th June in the year following your course ending.
- Graduates of over 1 year can continue to avail of all services except book an appointment or practice interview. Those seeking these services can refer to the Institute of Guidance Counsellors for a list of private practitioners.