Your career journey at Trinity
Successful careers don't just happen. Start your career by planning early and make the most of the opportunities on offer at Trinity.
- Register with MyCareer to keep up-todate with careers events and job vacancies.
- Find out how we can support you from our website.
- Join clubs and societies and get volunteering (www.studentvolunteer.ie).
- Create your new 3rd level CV so you are ready to apply for exciting opportunities.
- Apply for work experience – the best way to figure out what you want to do.
- Visit the Making Applications section on our website to see how we can help you find work and make job applications.
- Tailor your CV and apply for work experience and summer internship opportunities.
- Consider applying for the Trinity Employability Award, the Laidlaw Undergraduate Leadership and Research Programme and other bursaries.
- Build on your experiences and try new things that challenge you.
- Use LinkedIn and Trinity Alumni Online Mentoring to be inspired by the success of Trinity graduates.
- Use our online careers tools to help you find out more about yourself to inform your career choice.
- Meet your Careers Consultant to discuss your strengths and explore your options.
- Reflect on what you enjoy and organise new experiences for the summer.Trinity’s Guided Reflection Tool can help you with this.
- Consider taking on a leadership role e.g. officer in a society, Class Representative.
- Attend Trinity mentoring events to meet with and talk to experienced graduates.
- Find out what you need to know to prepare and plan for your final year.
Final Year and Postgraduate
- Meet with your Careers Consultant to discuss your career strategy for the year ahead.
- Attend Careers Fairs and events that interest you.
- Know your deadlines for applications.
- Engage with mentors and fine-tune your CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Continue to be curious, talk to everyone you can and think BIG.
Our Employability and Employment Guide sets out how Trinity supports your development and prepares you for your career ahead.