We offer four distinctive and challenging MSc in Engineering courses. These courses can be taken on a full-time (one year) or part-time (two year) basis, with contact hours depending on your module selection, typically spread from Monday to Friday (during working hours). The themes of these courses are as follows:
- Environmental Engineering
- Structural & Geotechnical Engineering
- Sustainable Energy Engineering
- Transport Engineering, Policy & Planning.
The Department also offers seven distinct Postgraduate Diplomas suitable for working professionals. Each diploma courses is taken on a full-time (one year) basis, with contact hours during semester time (September to April) every Friday evening and Saturday morning. These courses include:
- Engineering for Climate Action
- Fire Safety Practice
- Project Management
- Applied Building Repair and Conversation
- Health & Safety in Construction
- Environmental Monitoring, Assessment and Engineering
- Sustainable Energy
- Construction Law & Contract Administration
The MAI (Ind.) is a two-year part-time research degree performed in the workplace by the candidate under the supervision of an academic at TCD. The MAI (Ind.) degree is research-based and judged on a dissertation prepared by the candidate.
MAI students can register 1 March or 1 September each year, once a research proposal and a suitable supervisor is identified for you.