Dr Agnieszka Stefaniec is a Research Fellow at the Department of Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering, Trinity College Dublin, where she is contributing to Ireland"s Five-Year Assessment Report on Climate Change (5YAR). She is also an Affiliated Lecturer in the School of Social Sciences at the Södertörn University in Stockholm, Sweden. She holds a PhD in Management Science and Engineering, MEng in Architecture, and BEng in Architecture and Urban Planning. Since 2022, she serves as an Associate Editor of the Environmental Development journal (impact factor: 4.69) and a co-leader of the New Professionals Group by the International Sustainable Development Research Society. Her articles were published in Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, Energy, and Journal of Transport Geography among others. She has given guest lectures in Transport Policy (postgraduate module) and Transport Modelling and Planning (undergraduate module). Her research interests lie in the area of transition toward a low-carbon society with a focus on equitable transportation systems and inclusive urban development. In the 5YAR project, she is exploring what transformative changes are required within settlements and travel patterns to achieve climate targets and how to facilitate these changes in an equitable manner so that the transformation would benefit all.
Publications and Further Research Outputs
- Caulfield, B., Furszyfer, D., Stefaniec, A., Foley, A., Measuring the equity impacts of government subsidies for electric vehicles, Energy, 248, 2022, p123588-Journal Article, 2022, TARA - Full Text
- Stefaniec, A., Brazil, B., Whitney, W., Caulfield, B, Desire to work from home: Results of an Irish study, Journal of Transport Geography, 104, 2022, p103416Journal Article, 2022, TARA - Full Text
- Kinsella, L., Stefaniec, A., Foley, A., Caulfield, B, Pathways to decarbonising the transport sector: The impacts of electrifying taxi fleets, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 174, 2023, p113160-Journal Article, 2023, TARA - Full Text
- Hosseini K., Stefaniec A., A wolf in sheep's clothing: Exposing the structural violence of private electric automobility, Energy Research & Social Science, 2023Journal Article, 2023, URL , TARA - Full Text
- Hosseini, K., Stefaniec, A., O'Mahony, M., Caulfield, B, Optimising shared electric mobility hubs: Insights from performance analysis and factors influencing riding demand, Case Studies on Transport Policy, 13, 2023, p101052Journal Article, 2023, DOI , URL , TARA - Full Text