CV / LinkedIn Profile Clinic
A team of PhD students, who are fully trained CV Reviewers, offer a weekly clinic to review your CV, cover letter or LinkedIn profile. This is a 15 minute meeting with a CV Reviewer who will review one document and give you feedback.
This service is ideal if you want a quick general review of the layout and content of one of these documents and tips on how to target your CV for specific roles.
Usage is restricted to once a month during busy periods.
During the COVID-19 period CV/LinkedIn clinics are being delivered remotely with Microsoft Teams App. It is necessary to download the MS Teams desktop app - https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads to review your digital CV, Cover Letter or LinkedIn Profile.
Check the Events calendar on MyCareer
Instructions for downloading MS Teams
All Trinity students have web access to this using their standard login details. Take some time before your slot to familiarise yourself with the requirements below. Meetings may take longer than usual to facilitate due to the technical requirements and we appreciate your co-operation and patience.
Microsoft Teams can be accessed via web browser (Google Chrome is recommended) or via a desktop app. The app is necessary to review your CV, cover letter, LinkedIn Profile
- Download the MS Teams desktop app - https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads - this is necessary to review your digital CV, Cover Letter or LinkedIn Profile.
- Login using your Trinity username and password.
- Once logged in please wait for the CV Reviewer on duty to send you a call request.
- Ensure your digital CV e.g. Word, pdf or LinkedIn Profile is open as you await the call.
- Be prepared to:
- Share your screen
- Give control of your screen to the CV Reviewer
- Take notes with paper and pen or if you are less comfortable doing this online.
- Ensure you’re ready for your call with your computer camera and/or microphone enabled and you’re in a quiet, well-lit location. You can use headphones if required during the call.