Programme Learning Outcomes
By the end of this degree programme students will have demonstrated ability to:
- apply social science theories and social research evidence to the critical analysis and evaluation of contemporary social issues and policies.
- implement documentary, quantitative and qualitative research techniques and methods in the analysis of social issues, policies and problems.
- adopt a comparative, research-informed approach to academic essays and project work
- undertake and complete a research dissertation
- monitor and evaluate interventions by the state and civil society to address social problems
- participate in the delivery of social and public services and voluntary sector social service activities.
- bring to bear an equality / social justice perspective on public policy formulation
- undertake advanced postgraduate or professional training in sociology, social pulicy, social research, social work, education, youth work and addiction studies.