The Research Ethics Committee
The Research Ethics Committee is composed of:
- The School Director of Research Professor Eoin O'Sullivan
- Academic staff members, Professor Trevor Spratt, Dr Edurne Garcia Iriarte
- Postgraduate student Mary Kennedy
- The external member who is not an employee of the College Dr Ursula McAnulty, Housing Agency
- The committee secretary Noreen O'Sullivan
In the first instance any queries for the Committee should be addressed to Noreen at Swsp.Ethics@tcd.ie. Alternately Noreen can be contacted at 01 896 2001.
Decisions are made by majority vote with the Chair having the casting vote. Members of the REC will withdraw from the meeting when their applications are discussed and will not take part in any decision on the application.
Annual reports of the work of the Research Ethics Committee are provided to the School and to the College Research Ethics Policy Committee in accordance with their requirements.