Entry Requirements & How to Apply
The programme is open to graduates from all disciplines. Successful applicants will normally hold a level 8 degree in any subject at a minimum of Lower Second Class Honours degree (2.2). Admission to the course is based wholly on the application form and supporting documentation; applicants should ensure they complete all parts of the application to a high standard.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 22/23 ACADEMIC YEAR WILL OPEN IN NOVEMBER 2021.
Applications are completed electronically and require the following documentation:
- Application Form is available online
- Complete official transcript displaying minimum required (2.2) overall grade in Honours Bachelor’s Degree (if there is one)
- 2 references (at least one should be academic from a third level institution where the applicant has studied and one should be professional from an organisation where the applicant has had relevant work experience) – these should be on official headed paper or the TCD reference template provided and must be dated within the last year.
- A CV detailing their work experience and education (specifically location and duration) is required, this is for fee purposes.
- A pro-forma giving us permission to look into the applicant’s previous academic qualifications.
- Photograph identification.
- All applicants whose first language is not English and who have not been educated through the medium of English must present English proficiency qualifications. Trinity’s English requirements for postgraduate applicants can be found here.
- Those with an overall grade below 2.2 should provide a statement of purpose where they detail their motivation to apply for the course, any relevant aspects of their educational or professional background that make them outstanding applicants, and how the degree fits into their future professional/education plans (1000 words).
Next Intake: September 2022
Applications are reviewed throughout the year and places are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. The final date for applications is July 31st, 2022 but submissions may close earlier than this if the course quota is filled.
Applications are now open and places are offered to suitable applicants as and when they apply. This means the course can fill in advance of the closing date so interested applicants are strongly advised to apply early as when the course is full, applicants will be placed on a waiting list.