Entry Requirements & How to Apply
Entry Requirements for the Postgraduate Diploma
The programme is open to applications from qualified professionals from relevant disciplines who have three years post qualifying experience in an area related to child protection and welfare.
Applicants should normally have an upper second-class honors degree in one of the Social Sciences. Applications from graduates in other disciplines (e.g. health sciences, business studies) who have relevant experience will be considered.
Closing Date: 30th June 2019
How to Apply
Applications are completed electronically and require the following documentation:
- Application Form is completed online
- 2 Reference Letters - applicants are not required to get two hard copy references. You must list two referee contact details on the online application form. An automated email will be sent to both referees asking them to complete a template and send it back. (It is preferable that references are academic)
- Official Transcripts - a transcript is a breakdown of the modules you completed and the grades you obtained. Please contact your University to request a transcript as soon as possible as some Universities can take up to 21 days to process transcripts. (This includes undergraduate transcripts and graduate transcripts if applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Supplementary Form
- A certified certificate of English Language Competency if English is not your first language (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS);
- Interview - Selection interviews take place following a review of the application and fourteen places are offered on the basis of interview.
Entry Requirements and How to Apply for the M.Sc. (online)
Admission to the M.Sc. programme is confined to candidates who achieve an upper second-class grade in the Postgraduate Diploma. In addition, to be admitted to the M.Sc. candidates must submit a research proposal for their M.Sc. dissertation to the Course Coordinator. Please contact Emma Mc Conkey for more information.