Accessible Information Policy
The Accessible Information Policy commits to making Trinity's information and events accessible to all
Implementation of Trinity's Accessible Information Policy fulfils its obligations under the Disability Act to provide integrated access to its services and information to people with and without disabilities. The policy applies to all information provided by Trinity including learning materials and publicity, printed publications and webpages. It also applies to all Trinity events, whether arranged by staff or students.
Particular responsibility for the implementation of the Accessible Information Policy lies with the Equality Committee and the Disability Service. However, this policy applies throughout all university activities and all members of the university community are needed to make its provisions reality.
Resources for Staff – Supporting Accessible and Inclusive Learning
There is a range of resource material and practical guidance available to support teaching and professional staff to create accessible materials and content. For more information, click here.
What can I do?
- Read the Accessible Information Policy
- If you're arranging an event, use the Event Accessibility Checker.
The main points are:
- Ensure that your venue is physically accessible;
- Advertise your event well in advance (at least two weeks if possible);
- In your publicity, invite people to inform you of any accessibility requirements they may have;
- Book an Irish Sign Language interpreter if required.
- When making any kind of communication, follow the Trinity Guidelines for Creating Accessible Materials including Word documents, emails, presentations, webpages etc. The main points are:
- Use a sans serif font such as Calibri or Source Sans Pro - not Times New Roman
- Make your font size 12 or above in documents, or size 24 in slideshow presentations
- Use 1.5 point spacing, left-align your text, and only use bold to emphasise
- Use headings / styles in Word (this builds an automatic navigation menu)
- Contact the Equality Officer with any queries or suggestions about the Accessible Information Policy