Address: Centre for Language and Communication Studies,
Trinity College Dublin,
Linguistic Anthropology, Sociolinguistics, Ethnography, Identity Studies, Minority Languages, Migrant Groups, Cultural Studies, Language and Culture, Language Death
- PhD Thesis (working title): Codes that do not fit: An ethnographic exploration of the Irish Travellers and their Cant language.
- Ethnographic project among the Traveller community in Co. Clare
- Rieder, M. Forthcoming 2013. "Irish Traveller English" in: The Lesser-Known Varieties of English: Further Case Studies. Williams, Jeffrey P., Edgar W. Schneider, Peter Trudgill, & Daniel Schreier (eds.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Rieder, M. (ed.). 2012. Are You Glóring? - Are You Listening? A Collection of Cant Short Stories written by Traveller Children in Ennis, Co. Clare. Funded by the Department of Equality & Justice.
- Rieder, M. 2011. Book review of Identity in (Inter)Action. Introducing Multimodal (Inter)Action Analysis. by Sigrid Norris.http://linguistlist.org/pubs/reviews/get-review.cfm?SubID=4539210
- Rieder, M. 2009. "Modernity, Diversity and the Question of a Shared Past: Two Irish Traveller Women Share Their Thoughts." in: Migrants and Cultural Memory. The Representation of Difference. Mícheál Ó hAodha (ed.). Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Rieder, M. 2012. Codes that don't fit. The Case of the Irish Traveller Cant. Paper presented at iLinC 2012, Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Rieder, M. 2012. The Irish Traveller Cant: A Mixed Language? Paper presented at the Explorations in Ethnography, Language and Communication Conference, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Rieder, M. 2012. The Irish Traveller Language and Culture - A Discussion of Folk Beliefs. Paper presented at the Sociolinguistic Symposium, Berlin, Germany.
- Rieder, M. 2012. The Irish Travellers. A Case Study of the Relationship Between Language and Social Identity. Paper presented at the Discourse of Identity Conference, Santiago de Compostela, Spain.