The School of Linguistic, Speech, and Communication Sciences research and teaching includes the following
Our School's vision is to be an internationally recognised reference point for the scientific study of language, communication, speech and swallowing, characterised by a distinctive focus on communication diversity and inclusion. We aim to:
The School is organised into the following units:
- Centre for Language and Communication Studies CLCS specialises in teaching and research in Linguistics, Applied Linguistics and Speech and Language Processing.
- Department of Clinical Speech and Language Studies The Department of Clinical Speech and Language Studies is Ireland’s longest-established centre for the professional education of speech and language therapists.
- Centre for Deaf Studies The Centre for Deaf Studies is dedicated to teaching and research in Deaf Studies, Irish Sign Language/English Interpreting and Irish Sign Language Teaching.
- Centre for English Language Learning and Teaching CELLT focuses specifically on the development of students’ academic English skills to support their current and future university studies.
- Trinity Centre for Asian Studies TCAS acts as a focal point for Asian Studies in the university, and brings together teaching and research in Chinese, Korean and Japanese Studies as well as other regionally-based scholarship and pan-Asian research.