5th AILA-Europe Junior Research Meeting in Applied Linguistics
Guidelines for Presenters
Paper Presentation Guidelines
- Paper presenters are asked to prepare a talk of 15 minutes. There will be 5 minutes allotted for questions and answers directly after each talk. The paper presentations will be divided into one hour sessions with three papers in each session.
- Presenters are asked to keep within the allotted time so that there may be time for discussion and to ensure the smooth running of each session.
- Rooms have a computer and projector, speakers, and internet connection. We ask presenters to bring their presentation on a USB drive, to arrive promptly for their session and to load their presentations at the beginning of the session.
- All participants are encouraged, where possible, to remain for the whole session to avoid disruption.
The posters will be on display throughout the day on either Tuesday 18th June or Wednesday 19th June, including lunch and coffee breaks. There will also be a dedicated time on each day of the conference, when authors will have the opportunity to stand by their posters and interact with conference delegates.
Mounting and arranging materials
- Each author will be assigned an A0 size (841 x 1189 mm) poster space (landscape).
- Posters will be mounted using white tac, which will be provided.
- Use of one large sheet of paper is preferred.
- The abstract title, authors and affiliations should be indicated in a heading at the top of your poster.
- Lettering for the title line should be at least 2.5 cm high. Please use an appropriately-sized font throughout.
- PowerPoint can be used to produce clear posters and most universities have poster printing services.
Illustrations and layout
- Keep visual materials simple and clear.
- For clarity, graphs, charts, tables and pictures should be used to communicate information where possible.
- You may also like to consider providing a handout or preparing a sign-up sheet for delegates who request additional information.
Prizes, in the form of books which were kindly donated by DeGruyter http://www.degruyter.com/, will be awarded to the two best paper presentations and the best poster. The session chairs will be responsible for nominating and choosing the winners. Best of luck!