Information for Companies
Students who undertake this programme are enrolled in the 4-year undergraduate degree plus 1-year MSc programme. Companies have the opportunity to take-on a Trinity Computer Science or Computer Engineering student for a 5 - 8 month internship. These highly trained students are available to take up an internship in the second half of their fourth year and are at the top 50% of the class, allowing them to jump into their internship roles and add immediate value.
To become an internship partner contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Highly qualified and motivated students: Only 4th year students with a 2.1 or higher are allowed to participate in the internship programme. Students have a deep background knowledge of computing and basic business-skills.
- Contribution to Company Growth: Students contribute by bringing fresh new ideas & techniques.
- Recruitment: Hiring an intern will help grow and spread your company reputation, since interns are connected to such a young and wide network. Establishing good relationships with students could result in full-time employment, post-graduation.
- Academic requirements: Students are required to write two non-public reports the first at the halfway point and the second at the end of their internship. They also give an in-company presentation at the midpoint of the internship.
- Duration: Placement must be between 5-8 months. Students return to TCD in September and complete their MSc by April of the following year.
- Remuneration: Must be a paid internship - minimum wage or more. Average €26k/year salary. The students will be considered employees due to employment law.
- Mentorship: Students must be assigned a (technical) company mentor and given relevant design & development work.
- Internship: Be a full-time employee for the company for a minimum of 5 months.
- Mid-point Presentation: Students are assigned an academic supervisor and will present the learnings to their Trinity internship supervisor and company mentor via teleconference or face-to-face.
- Mid-point and final reports: Students will submit two reports one in April focused on software engineering methods and the final report in July focused on their design & development tasks.
- Provide high spec company profile and role/s specification to be displayed on the SCSS internships webpage.
- Attend Speed Connect event held in Trinity in September.
- Arrange a lunchtime session to give information to students about your company and roles/s available.
- Grow your company profile within the college by signing up with Trinity's Careers Service on MyCareer at https://mycareerconnect.tcd.ie/employer/login.html
- To become an internship partner contact email@example.com