PPES Course Structure
In the Senior Fresh (second) year, you must choose modules equivalent to 60 ECTS, choosing 20 ECTS modules from three of the four disciplines available (Philosophy, Political Science, Economics, Sociology). Students can choose to take one of the following combinations:
- Economics, Philosophy and Political Science
- Economics, Philosophy and Sociology
- Economics, Political Science and Sociology
- Philosophy, Political Science and Sociology
In the Junior Sophister (third) year, you must choose modules equivalent to 60 ECTS, choosing 30 ECTS from two of the four disciplines available (Philosophy, Political Science, Economics, Sociology):
- Economics and Philosophy
- Economics and Sociology
- Economics and Political Science
- Philosophy and Sociology
- Philosophy and Political Science
- Political Science and Sociology
Note: Students who intend to follow a single honor degree pathway may take 40 ECTS from that discipline and the remaining 20 ECTS from their second discipline.
In the Senior Sophister (fourth) year, you must choose modules equivalent to 60 ECTS. Student may choose to continue with both subjects (which is joint honors) taken in third year or specialise in just one of Economics, Philosophy, Political Science or Sociology (single honors). Students are required to complete an independent research project, or dissertation, in either their Junior Sophister or Senior Sophister years, modules identified as ‘IRP’, across the two years, qualify as meeting this requirement.
- Students following a joint honor pathway must take 30 ECTS from each subject, 15 ECTS per subject, per term.
- Students following a single honor pathway must take 60 ECTS from their chosen subject, 30 ECTS in the Michaelmas Term and 30 ECTS in the Hilary Term.
In all cases you graduate with a B.A. (Moderatorship) in Philosophy, Political Science, Economics and Sociology.