Athena SWAN Silver Application
After successfully achieving a Bronze Athena SWAN award in September 2021, the School is currently working towards an application for an Athena SWAN Silver award.
A Silver award requires detailed data collection, consultation with all staff and evaluating the progress made since the Bronze Award. The School needs to provide evidence of success in addressing gender inequalities.
The Athena SWAN Working Group has been established to oversee, guide, prepare and submit the Silver Application.
Members of the working group include:
- Director of EDI (Gizem Arikan)
- Deputy Director of EDI (David Ralph)
- School Manager (administrative representative) (Olive Donnelly)
- Athena SWAN Project Manager (Jemimah Bailey)
- Heads of Department (departmental representatives) (Augustin Benetrix, John Divers, Peter Stone, Jan Sopek)
Women’s Networking Coffee Morning
The first women’s networking coffee morning of the academic year took place on 26 September.
These gatherings are dedicated to fostering connections and providing a forum for discussion of the unique challenges experienced by those who identify as women and non-binary individuals within academia.
The next women’s networking coffee session is on Tuesday 7 November 2023 11am-12pm in the TRISS seminar room.