Trinity College Excels in QS World University Subject Rankings
Posted on: 17 May 2013
Trinity College Dublin features prominently in the just published QS Subject Rankings 2013, with a top 50 ranking in four subjects and top 100 ranking in a further eleven areas. The College’s leading 50 subjects include English, Language & Literature in 28th place worldwide; 31st in Politics and International studies; 33rd in History and 42nd in Modern Languages.
TCD is ranked in the QS top 100 universities in the world in each of the eleven areas: Accounting & Finance; Biological Sciences; Chemistry; Computer Sciences & Information Systems; Economics & Econometrics; Geography; Law; Medicine; Pharmacy & Pharmacology; Psychology and Sociology.
Trinity College is the leading Irish university in all of these subjects based on this survey and the only institution to feature in the top 50 universities globally.
The 2013 QS World University Rankings by Subject evaluated 2,858 universities globally and ranked 678 institutions in total.
Universities are scored according to academic reputation, employer reputation and research impact (citations).
Commenting on the significance of the achievement, TCD Provost, Dr Patrick Prendergast says: “This achievement is a testimony to our globally competitive research and to our commitment to the highest standards of teaching. Trinity’s strong performance in these subjects also reflects the quality students that Trinity attracts. It is particularly important that employers as well as academics were consulted for these rankings, demonstrating how well regarded Trinity graduates are by employers worldwide.”
Trinity College Dublin is Ireland’s leading university (QS World University Ranking, THE World University Ranking, Academic Ranking of World Universities (Shanghai)). TCD is ranked 67th in the World and 21st in Europe in the 2012/2013 QS World University Ranking across all indicators
– TCD is ranked 28th in the world in English Language & Literature.
– TCD is ranked 31st in the world in Politics & International Studies.
– TCD is ranked 33rd in the world in History.
– TCD is ranked 42nd in the world in Modern Languages.
– TCD is in the World Top 100 in Accounting & Finance.
– TCD is in the World Top 100 in Biological Sciences.
– TCD is in the World Top 100 in Chemistry.
– TCD is in the World Top 100 in Computer Sciences & Information Systems,
– TCD is in the World Top 100 in Economics & Econometrics.
– TCD is in the World Top 100 in Geography.
– TCD is in the World Top 100 in Law.
– TCD is in the World Top 100 in Medicine.
– TCD is in the World Top 100 in Pharmacy & Pharmacology.
– TCD is in the World Top 100 in Psychology.
– TCD is in the World Top 100 in Sociology.
* QS Subject Rankings 2013: http://www.topuniversities.com/subject-rankings