Terms & Conditions of Registration
Terms & Conditions of Being a Registered Student at TCD
In order to complete the registration process, all students are required to agree to the terms & conditions as set out below annually. In doing so, you as a registered student, accept the following.
Terms & Conditions of Student Registration 2016/17
- The data collected during registration are being obtained by the University of Dublin, Trinity College Dublin, for the purposes of the provision of education and for related administrative and record-keeping purposes. All personal data collected will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
- I have been informed that data are collected on the social, economic and cultural background of undergraduate students first entering the College this year, and that identifiable personal data of this kind will not be disclosed to third parties without permission; that these data will be used to produce non-personal statistical information; that individual student data will be returned without names and addresses to the Higher Education Authority (HEA); and that it is not mandatory to answer these particular questions and non-response will not affect me in any way.
- Selected data will be provided to relevant bodies where there is a statutory obligation on the Trinity College Dublin to do so, such as to the Department of Social Protection. Information which is not personally identifiable will be provided for statistical purposes to government or other bodies. Identifiable information will be provided to grant or sponsoring authorities regarding academic performance where this is relevant, and only where appropriate.
- It may be necessary to disclose to parents or guardians claiming benefit in respect of their children (eg, child benefit or child dependent allowance) the registration status of the student concerned.
- Student name, address, course(s) of study and other relevant College information will be retained indefinitely and may be made available to the Trinity Association and Trust, and Trinity Foundation where permitted.
- I certify that all fees and charges due to Trinity College Dublin have been paid by me or will be paid by me personally or on my behalf by an approved authority.
- I have been provided with the Board’s general regulations for students (covering academic progress, discipline, residence, commons, and other subjects) and I apply for registration in accordance with their provisions.
- Prize winners names will be published under the student’s registered name.
- Students’ registered names and the type and grade (where appropriate) of their degree or other award will be publicly acknowledged at conferring or other awards ceremonies.
- (a) I am over 18 years of age and hereby apply for membership of the Societies Club.*
*Does not apply to students who are under 18 years of age on the date of registration.
- (b) I am over 18 years of age and hereby apply for membership of the Dublin University Central Athletic Club.
- (c) I am over 18 years of age and hereby apply for membership of the Goldsmith Club.
- Personal data will not be processed, other than as permitted by law. Those providing personal data have the right to access those data and the right to rectify them. Personal data will be processed by the University of Dublin, Trinity College Dublin, in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
- Following completion of the on-line registration process, each new entrant to the Trinity College Dublin, will be provided with a TCD username and password to access his/her individual Trinity College Dublin computer and e-mail account. This username and password will also replace the applicant username and password to access my.tcd.ie . All students are required to check their Trinity College Dublin e-mail account and my.tcd.ie in-tray on a regular basis as official College correspondence will be sent to these accounts.
- I have been provided with Trinity College Dublin’s Disability Code of Practice for Students.
Students must ensure that they are familiar with both the general regulations and the more detailed school or department regulations.