Centre for English Language Learning and Teaching
Resources and Research
CELLT functions as a world-class research centre in which faculty, visiting scholars, researchers and postgraduate students observe, study and theorise on established and emerging approaches to English language learning and teaching. CELLT’s intensive Academic English language modules, which operate through Trinity College’s academic year, provide opportunity for the development of innovative teaching and learning practices and act as a forum for research and collaboration on multiple aspects of English language learning and teaching.
Our research interests and expertise include:
- Culturally Responsive Education
- Heritage Language Education
- Bilingualism & Multilingualism
- Family & Community Engagement in English language learning
- Curriculum Design
- Academic English Course Design, Practices and Assessments
- Linguistic and Cultural Acquisition amid Migrant Communities
- Case studies based in local primary and secondary schools
- Motivation in Language Learning
- Corpus-based approaches to English language learning and teaching
If you are interested in pursuing postgraduate research relating to any of the above areas we encourage you to contact us.
CELLT is committed to disseminating knowledge on best practice in the field of English language learning and teaching to educators and the general public. If you are an educator, practitioner, parent or student interested in opportunities to develop your educational expertise in English Language Learning please contact us at email@example.com