- Dr Eyad AbushandiAssistant Professor I carry out research on surface hydrology for arid and semi-arid areas
- Dr Subhash ChandraAssistant Professor in Climate innovation My research aims to achieve a net-zero carbon energy system, reduce GHG emissions, and transition toward a climate-neutral energy system.
- Prof. Dave ChewProfessor in Geology My research involves applying geochronology and isotope geochemistry to various problems in the geosciences.
- Dr Catherine CoxonAssociate Professor (Environmental Sciences) Catherine carries out research on groundwater quality in rural areas. She is currently on personal leave of absence.
- Dr Quentin CrowleyAssociate Professor. Director, Trinity Centre for the Environment. Academic lead of EIT Climate-KIC at TCD I study environmental change through time and apply my knowledge of Earth systems to address key societal challenges
- Professor Gerald DickensProfessor Of Geology & Mineralogy (1843) and Head of Discipline Jerry is an oceanographer and chemist with broad interests in past climate change and marine sediment
- Dr Robin EdwardsAssociate Professor of Earth Sciences Robin is a geoscientist interested in reconstructing past environmental change
- Dr Robbie GoodhueSenior Experimental Officer My research has several themes which stem both from my doctorate (1996) and more recent activity in TCD Geochemistry.
- Dr Chris NicholasAssistant Professor With the Worlds oil and gas reserves gradually running out there is now intense economic pressure to explore for hydrocarbons in more and more inaccessible terrestrial and marine regions of the globe
- Dr Sean McClenaghanAssistant Professor My research focuses on dissecting ore deposit systems through the application of bulk geochemical and advanced micro-analytical techniques
- Dr Juan Diego Rodriguez-BlancoAssociate Professor The major purpose of my research is to apply biogeochemistry to manage natural resources in a way that we can preserve the quality of life that we have now into the future generations.
- Dr Micha RuhlAssistant Professor in Sedimentology Micha‘s research is in Sedimentology, Integrated Stratigraphy and Low - Temperature Geochemistry to study a diverse range of topics related to Palaeoclimatic & environmental Change
- Dr Michael StockAssistant Professor My research combines aspects of igneous petrology, volcanology, mineralogy and geochemistry. I use the chemistry of erupted igneous rocks to constrain the processes that occur within sub-volcanic magma chambers.
- Dr Emma TomlinsonAssociate Professor My research involves applying trace element and isotope geochemistry to various problems in the geosciences.
- Prof. Patrick Wyse JacksonProfessor in Geology My research area has focused on bryozoans that range in age from the Ordovician to the Recent, with particular emphasis on Mississippian faunas.
- Prof Balz KamberAdjunct professor My research concerns itself with the large-scale elemental cycles on Earth.
- Dr Carlos RochaAssociate Professor in Environmental Change I am a marine biogeochemist, specializing in environmental tracers and biogeochemical hotspots for nitrogen cycling
- Prof Reimar SeltmannAdjunct professor His mineral deposits research covers a wide range, encompassing economic geology, igneous petrology, processing mineralogy (geometallurgy)
- Prof. David R. LentzAdjunct Associate Professor Research focus on the petrogenesis of ore deposits
Emeritus and Adjunct Staff
Visiting Professors and Research Fellows
Senior Technical Officer
Chief Technical Officer (Geography and Geology)
Senior Technical Officer
Chief Technical Officer (Specialist)