ABAIR, Tá Tusa Uainn! Teicneolaíocht Urlabhra don Ghaeilge
ABAIR: Irish Speech Technology for ‘Pobal na Gaeilge’ and Trinity’s Phonetics and Speech Lab research www.abair.ie
- Synthetic Voices in the 3 main dialects
- Applications for the Public (e.g. synthesis app), for Education (e.g. language learning games) and for Disability/Access (e.g. screenreader for the blind)
- Speech Recognition - current goal: Míle Glór
1,000 voices needed
- We Need You! …Yes, You!!
Native speaker… learners, all of you!
On the night we will be:
- discussing the range of our Irish language research
- inviting you to contribute a short Míle Glór recording
- inviting you to join our network of collaborators
Pobal na Gaeilge: this activity is for everyone who for any reason is interested in the Irish language and interested in exploring what modern speech technology can contribute.We are particularly interested in people who might be willing to contribute to our research by doing a short (15 minute) recording in Irish (all dialects, all levels, all age-groups welcome)