- The submission of a proposal for a research tender is not straightforward, and applicants should contact the Research Development Office (email@example.com) well ahead - at least five working days - of the Funding Sponsor's submission deadline. It is important to determine whether the research being undertaken will be categorised as a 'research project' or a 'research service'.
- Research Tenders often raise issues associated with ownership of intellectual property, and this will necessitate liaising with the Technology Transfer Office before submission.
- It is important to supply as much information as possible about the tender, e.g. the full terms and conditions, to the Research Development Office as soon as possible.
- For some information about issues associated with submitting a proposal for a research tender, please read our information sheet "Proposal for a Research Tender" (pdf 94kB).
Service Tenders Supported by CONSULT Trinity
- CONSULT Trinity supports some, but not all, service tenders. Contact Joanne Conroy, Consultancy Development Manager.
Service Tenders NOT Supported by CONSULT Trinity
- The Trinity Technology Transfer Office must be consulted about Intellectual Property.
- No changes should be made to the terms of the template agreement.
- Upon acceptance by the other party, the agreement may be signed off by Head of School on the understanding that the School has full responsibility for all post-award management. Head of School is responsible for ensuring that the budget is adequate and that a 40% overhead is included.
- The advice of the School or Faculty Financial Advisor or the Treasurer's Office (General Ledger) should be sought regarding financial management/terms & conditions of Service Contracts. Work Cost + Overheads (40%) = Subtotal + VAT @ 23% = Total Cost for quote.
- If your tender is successful, contact the Trinity Contracts Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- CONSULT Trinity supports consultancy activities by Trinity academics, and some service tenders. Contact Joanne Conroy, Consultancy Development Manager.