About Healthy Trinity
Healthy Trinity is a cross-College partnership of people who want to make it easy to be healthy in Trinity. The wheel below represents each of the Healthy Trinity working groups. Any student or staff member who wants to contribute is welcome to join the groups below.
The Healthy Trinity Terms of Reference are available here.
“Trinity College Dublin is recognised as a ‘health enhancing’ university where everyone can enjoy physical, mental, and social health and wellbeing to their full potential, where health and wellbeing is valued and supported at every level of Trinity and is everyone's responsibility”.
Integral to fulfilment of this Vision is a partnership approach between staff, students and the institution with shared responsibilities at the individual and the institutional level.
Terms of Reference
- Embed health into all aspects of campus culture, across the administration, operations, student, services and academic mandates.
- Promote, support and implement physical, social and mental health and wellbeing as key elements of the staff and student experience.
- Advocate for policies which facilitate and support a healthy environment for staff and students through the physical infrastructure, facilities and services to support ‘making the healthier choice the easier choice’.
- Unify the Trinity community by facilitating and nurturing contributions to and participation in the Healthy Trinity initiative from the entire Trinity community i.e. students (both undergraduate and postgraduate), staff (all grades), alumni, retired staff.
- Build health and wellbeing knowledge and capacity among staff and students through innovative learning opportunities.
- Encourage research and innovation oriented to achieving goals of a health enhancing university.
The full version of our Terms of Reference is available here.
Who co-ordinates the Healthy Trinity groups?
We need you
If you have ideas for making Trinity healthier and have the energy to help make your idea happen or if you’re just interested in health promotion and would like to meet others interested, email us on email@example.com. You can also like us on facebook, or follow us on instagram or Twitter.