Health and Sports Week Launch – Celebrating Free Contraception
Come along to hear the Boydell Singers sing your new favourite karaoke tune, get free condoms, free lunch and prizes galore!
The theme for Health and Sports Week this year will be Healthy Planet, Healthy People and we’re launching the week with a focus on Healthy People by celebrating the government’s free contraception scheme for 17-26 year olds. Contraception has been incredibly beneficial for women’s health and we think the government providing free contraception to 17-26 year olds deserves a celebration. In fact HSE Respect Protect will be in the Arts Building all day giving out free condoms and information on free HSE sexual health services.
So how will the celebration look?
The Boydell Singers will start our event by singing Loretta Lynn’s the Pill, a 1970s, pro-contraception, sex positive song that might yet become your new few favourite karaoke number. Start practicing to sing along here.
- There’ll be some short speeches by Trinity's VP of Biodiversty and Climate Action Jane Stout and TCDSU welfare officer, Chloe Staunton.
- A sandwich and fruit sponsored by Dunnes stores will be available to the first 75 attendees.
- Healthy Trinity Ambassadors will hand out free condoms and Trinity's Graduate Intern on Sexual Consent and Disclosure Reagan should anyone wish to ask about Consent
- Those present for the singing can enter a prize draw to win a big prize of a one 4 all voucher worth €100 donated by Scientific Library Supplies and/or a €100 Dunnes Stores voucher.
- Trinity Sport will lead atarget practice game where you can win small prizes for participation. Participants will throw three different sports balls into a container from about a distance of 10-15 meters. Think you're able for that?
Over 100 students attended last year’s event. We’d love to see you there this year.
Where is the launch on?
The event will take place at Front Square on Monday, 27th March from 1:00-1:45.
How can I register?
Turn up on the day.