Understanding what format works best on what channel is vital and should be a key part of your decision making when producing a video. We mostly use our Trinity YouTube EDU channel to publish videos as it enables us to embed videos back in the Trinity website and is an accessible shareable and user friendly platform for video. It is suited to all lengths of video content but the one minute mark is a good starting point, as videos with a shorter running time are more suited to feed style social media platforms.
Publishing to Trinity's central YouTube EDU channel
Before submitting your video or audio file for publishing, please prepare your video/audio file to ensure that all edits are complete and there is no extra noise or silence at the beginning or end. The video/audio should be as high quality as possible.Video idents must be added to your video. If the video is less than 2 minutes long, then only the closing ident must be added.
Video Idents with Trinity Branding
If not already added during production, your video will need Trinity branded idents. Please find links below for the latest versions:
Please ensure that all copyright and permissions are in place before submitting your video or audio file. You will need to ensure a disclaimer form has been signed if the video features contributors who are external to Trinity.
The following formats are recommended for YouTube video files.
- Most formats are suitable (e.g. .mov, .avi, etc.) but .mp4 with h.264 compression is preferred.
- See more information about YouTube's technical specifications at the YouTube’s video and audio formatting guide.
Publishing a Video
Once your video file has been produced and contains the Trinity branding, please follow the following steps for publishing a video to the central YouTube EDU channel:
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the download links for the videos.
- Please note, if sending links through file transfer services (e.g. HEA File Sender, WeTransfer), please use email@example.com in the "E-mail to" field.
- Alternatively, you can drop the video to our offices in Dunlop Oriel House.
- Finally, please complete and submit the ‘Publish Media' form to ensure that the video will have the correct description and metadata and also help with search engine optimisation.