Understanding what format works best on what channel is vital and should be a key part of your decision making when producing a video.
We mostly use our Trinity YouTube EDU channel to publish videos as it enables us to embed videos back in the Trinity website and is an accessible shareable and user friendly platform for video. It is suited to all lengths of video content but the one minute mark is a good starting point, as videos with a shorter running time are more suited to feed style social media platforms.
Preparing your video for publishing
Please ensure your video or audio file is fully prepared before submitting for publication to Trinity central YouTube EDU channel. You need to ensure that your video includes:
- All edits are complete and there is no extra noise or silence at the beginning or end of the video
- Video/audio format should be as high quality as possible. Most formats are suitable (e.g. .mov, .avi, etc.) but .mp4 with h.264 compression is preferred. See more information about YouTube's technical specifications at the YouTube’s video and audio formatting guide
- All copyright and permissions are in place before submitting your video or audio file. You will need to ensure a disclaimer form has been signed if the video features contributors who are external to Trinity
- Video idents must be added to your video (available for download below). If the video is less than 2 minutes long, then only the closing ident must be added
- Trinity video guidelines and templates below outline how all employees can plan and execute a video
Video Idents with Trinity Branding
If not already added during production, your video will need Trinity branded idents. Please download the latest versions below:
- Opening Ident 1080p (3.7MB)
- Closing Ident 1080p (4.1MB)
- Opening Ident 720p (2.1MB)
- Closing Ident 720p (2.4MB)
Trinity Videography Guidelines and Templates
Trinity's video guidelines encompass videos made for marketing purposes and for online teaching. They outline how all employees can plan and execute a video, with guidance on pre-production, production, post-production and promotion. These guidelines should be supplied to all professional videographers you are working with to ensure consistency across all Trinity video content. Below please find further information at Trinity videography guidelines and templates for use in video production. Please contact email@example.com should you have any queries.
Submitting your video for publication
Once your video file has been produced and contains the Trinity branding, please follow the following steps for publishing a video to the central YouTube EDU channel:
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the download links for the videos.
- Please note, if sending links through file transfer services (e.g. HEA File Sender, WeTransfer), please use email@example.com in the "E-mail to" field.
- Alternatively, you can drop the video to our offices in Dunlop Oriel House.
- Finally, please complete and submit the ‘Publish Media' form to ensure that the video will have the correct description and metadata and also help with search engine optimisation.