School of Biochemistry and Immunology Trinity Doctoral Research Award
All Trinity PG awards have been replaced with the single Trinity doctoral award.
Details of the new award and how to apply are below.
Applications should be submitted to the school manager, Nóirín Nic a’ Bháird, firstname.lastname@example.org by July 7th.
Trinity doctoral award
In February 2023 the Board of the University approved a proposal for a new consolidated Trinity doctoral research award, with an associated stipend of €25,000 p.a. and fees write-down for the four years (full-time) of a Structured PhD programme / research doctorate. This award will replace all existing college awards. Every School has been allocated one award for allocation in 2023-24.
Conditions of the Award are as follows:
- Open only to new entrants to the full-time research doctorate register (EU and nonEU).
- The holders must engage in full-time research and be registered for a research doctorate degree and be located at Trinity College, the University of Dublin.
- Continuation on the research register is dependent on evidence of satisfactory annual progress and successful completion of the confirmation process at 18 months after first registration.
- Both the doctorate researcher and supervisor will agree to participate in the pilot rollout of Trinity’s Supervisor: Research Student Agreement in 2023-24.
- Postgraduate Research Doctorate Awards cannot continue beyond a fourth year on the full-time research doctorate register and cannot be split across doctorate researchers.
The school invites prospective student and supervisor pairs to submit applications for the B&I Trinity doctoral research award available to commence in academic year 23/24. Please note that students have to have the support of an eligible supervisor and only single applications are allowed.
Applications should consist of:
- Student’s CV that includes detailed academic track record and short personal statement by student.
- Two academic references (one from the prospective supervisor).
- Brief description of the proposed research project (~ 1/2 page)
- A letter confirming acceptance of the conditions of the award by student and supervisor and that the supervisor will be able to provide the necessary resources for proposed project. PLEASE PROVIDE A SINGLE PDF - Applications that deliver multiple files or that go over the page limit will not be processed.
Applications will be ranked by a committee appointed by the Head of school and Director of Teaching and learning PG. Potential supervisors cannot be members of the selection committee. The primary selection criterion will be the academic track record of the student.
The closing date for submission of complete applications is July 7th 2023.