Health and Safety in Mechanical Engineering
The Mechanical, Manufacturing and Biomedical Engineering Engineering operates a safe working environment policy and we take all practical precautions to ensure that hazards or accidents do not occur. Of course, safety is also a personal responsibility and it is your duty to behave and work in a safe manner when using our facilities. By adopting safe practices you ensure both your own safety and the safety of others.
New Student sand Staff:
- Please read the MMBE Safety Statement in full
- Complete the appropriate Acknowledgement form
Undergraduate Projects and Experimental Research:
- Experimental Research and Undergraduate Project work are not permitted without a completed Risk Assessment
- Risk Assessments must be signed by your Supervisor / Principal Investigator
- Undergraduates are not permitted to conduct practical work unsupervised
- Normal working hours in Parsons and Watts buildings are 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday
- Out-of-hours access can be granted in Parsons and Watts buildings from 6pm to 10pm on weekdays and from 10am to 4pm at weekends
- TBSI normal working hours are 7am to 10pm, 7 days a week
- In all MMBE Buildings and Labs:
- MMBE Lone and Out-of-Hours Working Policy must be followed
- MMBE Lone and Out-of-Hours Working Sign In / Out Form should be used when you start and again when you complete your work.