- Students on courses with clinical or other professional placements may be required to undergo Garda vetting procedures prior to commencing placements. If, as a result of the outcome of the Garda vetting procedures, a student is deemed unsuitable to attend clinical or other professional placement, he/she may be required to withdraw from his/her course.
- Students who have resided outside Ireland for a consecutive period of 6 months or more will be required to provide police clearance documentation from the country in which they resided at the time of registration.
- Garda vetting forms will be distributed (as part of the student orientation information) to students who have been offered a place in Trinity. The completed forms must be returned to the Academic Registry prior to registration.
Students on courses such as health care professional courses have a duty of care to the public, these courses may require pre-registration medical clearance prior to granting of access to complete the online registration process, courses include (but are not limited to):
- Clinical speech and language studies
- Dental science, Dental hygiene, Dental nursing, and Dental technology
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Occupational therapy
Trinity College reserves the right to require that the criteria adopted by law and/or regulation in relation to the ability to practice clinically in Ireland be satisfied before registration is permitted. Details of vaccination requirements will be provided to all incoming students, and full details of all requirements regarding precautions against infectious diseasesMore info...
The Academic Registry issue an ‘Invite to Register’ email to all new entrant and continuing students eligible to register for the forthcoming academic year. This communication is issued via the my.tcd.ie portal and your institutional (TCD issued) email address.
On receipt of the emailed invitation, you should log in to the my.tcd.ie to complete the registration steps.
New Entrants to Science (CAO Code TR071)
All Junior Freshmen (first year) entrants to the Undergraduate Science course must complete a Module Choice Form before they can proceed with registration. The form can be found on the TCD Orientation Website. Please click here for further information.
Payment of Fees
Students are responsible for payment of the student contribution, and must ensure that it is paid by return. There are two options to pay the student contribution:
- Online Credit/Debit payment through your Student Portal Page at my.tcd.ie
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) - details at my.tcd.ie
Students who are eligible for a SUSI Grant will have their student contribution paid by SUSI.
It is important to note that payment of fees alone DOES NOT constitute the successful completion of online registration.
Students MUST complete online registration in full annually – this includes acceptance of the Institution Terms and Conditions.More info...
Historically, commencement (graduation) fees have been paid after final exams.
From September 2012 undergraduate students in years 3 and above and all postgraduate students are required to pay their commencement fee of €135 prior to registration.
Undergraduate students in severe financial difficulty should apply to their tutor immediately to request extra time to make this payment.
Postgraduate students in severe financial difficulty should apply to the Postgraduate Advisory Service (email@example.com) immediately with a similar request.
This is a mandatory fee.More info...