Academic Registry provides central academic administrative services which span the student life cycle highlighted below. In addition to the provision of services, the Academic Registry supports the development of academic policy and its implementation.
Application & Admissions
- Following approval of tuition and miscellaneous fee levels, Student Finance (located in the Academic Registry) has responsibility for the billing and collection of all tuition and other fees from the Higher Education Authority, Local Authorities, students and others as appropriate, payment of student awards and prizes along with administration of the Stafford Loan student aid programme.
Registration & Record Management
- Administrative services for students associated with student registration, ID cards, transcripts, issue of grant cheques etc.
- Administrative services for graduates associated with conferral of degrees and other awards, verification of qualifications awarded, Seanad electoral register and conduct of elections.
- Maintains all student records of all students admitted to the College.
- Administers applications to read for higher degrees by research as well as taught courses at Diploma, Masters and Doctorate level.
- Provides information and advice to postgraduate students requiring assistance during the course of their studies, including funding opportunities.
- Monitors performance of research students, including processing of theses submission and examination
- Administrative support to the Graduate Studies Committee.
- Coordination of the College timetabling process.
Examination & Assessment:
- Co-ordination of examination timetables.
- Conduct of all examinations.