E3 Postgraduate Education
Hear from our academics on how E3 is developing a new type of graduate who will develop balanced solutions for a better world.
Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin is an international university, steeped in history with a reputation for excellence in education, research and innovation. Trinity is Ireland’s leading university and has been inspiring generations of brilliant thinkers for over 425 years. Join our 18,000 students from over 120 countries around the world and be taught by some of the most influential and reputable professors in their field.
As a university we have a responsibility to work with society to address the most pressing issues of our time. Universities are centres of Excellence for research and teaching. They act as focal points, working through a time and place, to inspire generations. At their best they uncover new knowledge and foster new ideas for the betterment of society and the planet on which we live. In 2018 Trinity College Dublin launched its E3 initiative. Representing Engineering, Environment and Emerging Technologies, E3 is a radically new type of collaboration between the Schools of Computer Science and Statistics, Engineering and of Natural Science. It sets out to put the finite nature of our natural and human resources firmly at the forefront of Irish third-level education. Coupled with a new capital project (E3 Martin Naughton Learning Foundry) that provides purpose-built teaching and learning spaces, E3 will realise trans-disciplinary postgraduate programmes under the research Themes of Data, Production, Well-being, Environment, Resources and Communities. These programmes will imbibe students with the skills they need to tackle the global challenges of today and tomorrow and to bring world-changing discoveries within their reach – Balanced Solutions for a Better World.
Under the E3 initiative, Trinity has a number of new and existing postgraduate programmes on offer. They are as follows;
E3 Multi-disciplinary programmes
Download a copy of the MSc in Smart & Sustainable Cities brochure by clicking here...
The School of Computer Science & Statistics
MSc Computer Science with streams
- Data Science
- Intelligent Systems
- Future Networked Systems
- Augmented Virtual Reality
- MSc Interactive Digital Media
- Postgraduate Certificate in Statistics
- New MSc. in Statistics & Sustainability
The School of Natural Science
- MSc Environmental Science
- MSc Biodiversity & Conservation
- MSc in Development Practice
- MPhil in Environmental History
- MSc Energy Science
School of Engineering
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- MSc in Biomedical Engineering
- MSc in Engineering (Environmental Engineering)
- MSc in Engineering (Structural and Geotechnical Engineering)
- MSc in Engineering (Transport Engineering)
- MSc in Engineering (Sustainable Energy)
- MPhil in Music and Media Technologies
- MSc in Electronic Information Engineering
- Postgraduate Diploma Courses