All Trinity undergraduates in Trinity Joint Honours programmes have the opportunity to complete a Capstone project, an independent piece of work, during their degree course. It is normally completed in the final year of study, forming part of the official workload for that year in the form of a 20 ECTS module.
The Common Architecture provides students with flexibility in their programme and allows them to choose from defined pathways to achieve their degree award. Within these pathways, students and programmes must fulfil requirements to ensure the appropriate number of credits at the appropriate level are achieved. Similarly, there are conditions placed on the Capstone project. In addition to these conditions, disciplines and projects may require students to undertake pre-requisite modules prior to committing to a Capstone project in their area.
It is important for Trinity Joint Honours students to be aware of the following:
- Module pre-requisites for Capstone projects may exist and students are responsible for engaging with information provided from Disciplines and/or Programmes of Study and ensuring they are aware of any pre-requisites for Capstone projects. Students are responsible for module selection and as such are responsible for ensuring they meet the requirements of their Capstone.
- Where a student is following the Single Honours Degree Pathway for their Sophister years, they will complete a Capstone project in the subject of the Single Honours award.
- Where a student is following the Major with Minor Degree Pathway for their Sophister years, they will complete a Capstone project in the Major subject.
- Where a student is following a Joint Honours Degree Pathway in their Sophister year students will advise which of their two subjects they wish to complete their Capstone in as part of a process run by the UCAO – please see the details on this process in the Joint Honours Pathway – Subject Selection Process
Capstone Requirements per TJH Subject
Please see the Capstone Requirements per TJH Subject 2021/22 document which shows requirements for TJH Subjects.
Joint Honours Pathway – Subject Selection Process
TJH students on a Joint Honours pathway will take, in their Senior Sophister year, 20 ECTS in each of their subjects and a 20 ECTS Capstone project in one of their subjects.
Students should seek information from their departments about Capstone topics, expectations and other relevant details in order to make an informed decision about which of their joint honours subjects they will undertake their Capstone in. Once the student has reached a decision, they must fill in this TJH Capstone Project Form to confirm which subject they wish to take their Capstone in.
- Form: This TJH Capstone Project Form is for Trinity Joint Honour students who are on the Joint Honours pathway. Please fill in this form to confirm which of your two Subjects you wish to complete your Capstone in.
- Deadline: The form must be completed by this Friday 18 February 2022 for Capstones which will be undertaken in 2022/23.
Please be aware that while some departments may be willing to allow you to request to change your choice of discipline for your capstone, there can be no guarantee that any department will be able to do so. No request to change the discipline of your Capstone will be accepted after Friday 3 June 2022.