Why Study in Ireland STUDY in one of the best education systems in the world for higher education achievements
Top-ten reasons to study for an MSc in Energy Science at Trinity College Dublin
- Dating back to 1592, Trinity College Dublin is one of the world’s leading universities, ranked in the top 100, and is recognised internationally as Ireland’s premier university. (QS University Rankings 2016/2017).
- Trinity is recognised as one of the world’s leading research-intensive universities with many of our teaching staff world leaders in their fields and at the cutting edge of research. This makes project work exciting and challenging for students. Dublin has a strong energy relevant industry with many energy intensive multinational companies located close by including 24 of the world’s top 25 pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and 9 of the world’s top 10 I.C.T. companies, All of these businesses are energy intensive and have an economic necessity to manage their energy utilisation effectively. The M.Sc. is hosted across the Schools of Physics, Chemistry, Geology and Engineering. This gives the student an unmatched ability to understand all aspects related to energy science.
- Dissertations from all postgraduate courses are showcased every year and students discuss their research results with guests from the public sector, business, and industry. This offers opportunities for recruitment, networking and further collaborations.
- Trinity graduates are highly sought after. Our direct links with industry and research facilitates the employment and career development of our graduates.
- Trinity is one of the most successful colleges in Europe for fostering entrepreneurship. For the second year, running Trinity is the top University in Europe for entrepreneurial graduates who have raised venture capital.
- Trinity contains large national scale research centres co-funded by Science Foundation Ireland, Enterprise Ireland and industry.
- Dublin is a global capital of culture, Trinity is located in the very centre of this vibrant, multi-cultural city and is a very attractive location from student life and scholarship. The city is also a great place for learning and practising English.
- Dublin is a gateway to all interesting European cities and is the hub location for Ryanair, the world’s leading low cost airline. This allows affordable access to all of the culture of Europe.