The Energy Institute
The Energy Institute (EI) is the international professional body for the energy industry, developing and sharing knowledge, skills and good practice towards a safe, secure and sustainable energy system. The EI supports over 23,000 individuals working in or studying energy and 250 companies worldwide, providing learning and networking opportunities to support professional development, as well as professional recognition and technical and scientific knowledge resources on energy in all its forms and applications. The EI is licensed by the Engineering Council (UK) to offer Chartered, Incorporated and Engineering Technician status to engineers, the Science Council to award Chartered Scientist status, and also licensed by the Society for the Environment to award Chartered Environmentalist status. These opportunities will be available to student of the MSc Energy Science.
The lecturers of the MSc Energy are all either members of the Energy Institute and/or members of other international organisations in their discipline such as the Royal Society of Chemistry, America Chemical Society, Institute of Physics, The Combustion Institute, American Society of Mechanical Engineers and others.
World University Rankings Update (April 2017)
- Trinity is Ireland’s No.1 University in the QS World University Ranking, THE World University Ranking and the Academic Ranking of World Universities (Shanghai).
- Trinity is ranked 88th in the World, and 35th in Europe, in the 2017/2018 QS World University Ranking across all indicators.
- Trinity is ranked in the Top 100 for Graduate Employability in the QS 2017 Rankings.
- Trinity is in the Top 50 most innovative universities in Europe according to Reuters.
- Between 2010 and 2015, Trinity was ranked the top university in Europe for entrepreneurship according to Pitchbook’s independent analysis.
- Trinity is ranked 52nd in the world in the THE World University Ranking for international outlook.
- Of the 981 institutions included in the THE World University Rankings for 2017, Trinity is in the top 15% internationally for research performance.
- Trinity is ranked in the top 20% internationally by QS for citations.
In the QS World University Rankings:
- Trinity featured in the world's elite (Top 200) institutions in 25 of the 28 subjects in which it was evaluated by the QS World University Rankings by Subject in 2015. Of these, Trinity ranked in the top 100 in the world in 14 subjects and in the top 50 in the world in 6 subjects: English Language and Literature; Nursing; Politics and International Studies; History; Biological Sciences; and Modern Languages.
- In three out of the last four years, Trinity has been consistently ranked in the Top 50 worldwide for the following areas: English Language and Literature; Nursing; Modern Languages; and Politics and International Studies.
- In the QS Faculty rankings, Trinity has been consistently ranked in the Top 100 globally for Arts and Humanities over the last four years.