The School of Physics is delighted to offer a number of partial scholarships to students undertaking the MSc Energy Science degree in academic year 2020/21. The value of the scholarship is a 5,000 euro contribution towards tuition fees (EU or Non-EU). These partial scholarships aim to support and develop gifted postgraduate students and will be awarded to candidates who demonstrate a high level of academic achievement, extracurricular accomplishments or contribution to society.
This partial scholarship is available to new entrants (EU and Non-EU) to MSc in Energy Science programme, for admission in September 2020. Applicants must hold a conditional or unconditional offer and complete the application process upon receipt of offer and no later than 31st May 2020.
Applications are assessed competitively with the sole criteria for the granting of the scholarship being the proven academic merit of the candidate. It is accepted, however, that many candidates with exceptional qualifications apply annually to the programme. Thus the decision as to the recipient of the scholarship is at the exclusive discretion of the MSc Energy Science Course Directors. Partial Scholarships will be allocated after the 31st May 2020. All applicants will receive communication shortly after this date.
As the selection process will be highly competitive, applicants are strongly advised to apply for all other funding and grants open to them.
This scholarship is open to EU and Non-EU postgraduate students undertaking studies on MSc in Energy Science programme in 2020/21. It is offered subject to the following conditions:
- The holder must have completed an undergraduate science or engineering degree.
- The holder must engage in full-time study and must register for the MSc in Energy Science with the School of Physics for the academic year 2020/21.
- The holder is required to engage in relevant academic and ambassadorial activities as determined by the MSc Energy Science Course Directors;
- The holder must not be a simultaneous holder of other grants, or funding or other awards (or any other awards with a similar monetary value).
How do I apply
1. Submit your online application for MSc in Energy Science at my.tcd.ie. You will receive an 8 digit reference number for your application.
2. If your application is successful (in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer), download and complete the scholarship application form.
3. Download the . Submit the completed scholarship form (one page in length) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st May 2020. Early application is encouraged.
Please use subject title " MSc Energy Science Scholarship” and include your 8 digit application reference number.