The Research Supervisor Development Programme is a unique IUA collaborative webinar series run by Graduate Studies and Academic Practice in association with UCD and RCSI.
Who is this programme for?
This programme is targeted at research supervisors new to their role, from across the disciplines, as well as more experienced supervisors who wish to share and expand their knowledge and experience.
The programme of online activity highlights approaches to common challenges, current practices and pedagogies within the field of research supervision. Panel discussions with experienced research supervisors and experts, professional staff and research students will take place across this interactive programme, offering a platform for discussion and an opportunity for peer learning and exchange.
Recordings of Supervision Events
- Successful Remote Supervision of Research Students - Funded by the National Forum for Teaching & Learning - Prof Bob Harris, Karolinska (full details can be read here) Recording
- Introduction to Research Supervision at Trinity College Dublin, 3rd March 2022. Recording
- Preparing the Ground: Considerations when taking on a new PhD Candidate, 24th March 2022. Recording
- Mental Health and Well-being for PGR Students: Canaries in the Coalmine: Supervisors' and Postgraduate Researchers’ Mental Health and Well-being, 7th April 2022. Recording
- Career Development and Networking for Research Students, 28th April 2022. Recording