Research Supervisor Development Programme
The Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies and Trinity Teaching & Learning co-host a series of workshops on best practises for effective supervision of research students. In 2021/22 the Research Supervisor Development Programme has been designed as a unique IUA collaborative webinar series with UCD, TCD, RCSI, DCU, MU, NUIG, UCC and UL.
2022/23 Research Supervisor Development Programme
The goal of the programme is to develop and support research staff in their roles as supervisors through a delivery of interactive online workshops and seminars. The workshops focus on the approaches to common challenges and current practices within the field of research supervision. The interactive programme hosts panel discussions with experienced research supervisors and experts and offers an opportunity for peer learning and exchange of best practice.
Please find below the recordings of the selected PhD supervisor workshops delivered in the academic year 2022/23.
- Introduction to Research Supervision at Trinity College Dublin, 6th October 2023.
2021/22 Research Supervisor Development Programme
Please find below the recordings of the selected PhD supervisor workshops delivered in the academic year 2021/22.
- Introduction to Research Supervision at Trinity College Dublin, 3rd March 2022.
- Preparing the Ground: Considerations when taking on a new PhD Candidate, 24th March 2022.
- Mental Health and Well-being for PGR Students: Canaries in the Coalmine: Supervisors' and Postgraduate Researchers’ Mental Health and Well-being , 7th April 2022.
- Career Development and Networking for Research Students, 28th April 2022.
- Navigating Difficult Conversations with Research Students, 19th May 2022.
2020/21 Research Supervisor Development Programme
Below we included the recordings of the Research Supervisor Development workshops delivered in the previous academic year 2020/21.
- Mental Health and Well-being for Postgraduate Students, 25th February 2021.
- Introduction to Research Supervision at Trinity College Dublin, 4th March 2021.
- Supervising Part-time PhD Students, 8th April 2021.
- Supporting Disabled Students through the Supervision Process, 29th April 2021.
Regulations and Resources
The current Regulations for Eligibility to Supervise Research Students are available in the Calendar Part III.