About the Postgraduate Renewal Programme
The Postgraduate Renewal Programme was established to deliver the ambition of the College Strategic Plan to fundamentally renew postgraduate education in Trinity. The changing landscape of graduate education and research is highlighted in Trinity’s Strategic Plan (2020-2025), where five of the nine cross-cutting goals incorporate renewal of postgraduate education:
Goal 2: We will support a transformative student experience
2.3. Fundamentally re-evaluate the student experience for both postgraduate taught and postgraduate research students and ensure that their bespoke needs are met.
Goal 3: We will practice next generation teaching and learning
3.4 Meet the changing student profile, within the lifetime of this Strategic Plan, by instituting a major and systemic renewal of all facets of postgraduate education. 3.5 Develop a suite of new postgraduate taught modules and courses across schools and faculties 3.6 Fundamentally renew our structured PhD programme.
Goal 4: We will stand up for research, its quality and impact
4.5 Institute a major and systemic renewal of all aspects of doctoral education in Trinity to ensure the distinctive character of that education as a holistic concept in which doctoral students receive a diversity of cutting-edge skills training to complement their research.
View our Programme Principles
- The renewal process will be shared and collaborative and the overall outcome will be an enhanced experience for all.
- The process will be driven by the needs and priorities of key stakeholders.
- The renewal will be respectful of the diversity, inclusivity and the bespoke needs of individual disciplines.
- Programme management will be reflexive, responsive, flexible and aligned with the Trinity structure and principles for project management.
- The Programme will be evidence informed in all aspects of the renewal process.
- The Programme will be student centred, innovative and respectful of Trinity’s traditions and cultures.
- Progress will be monitored and measured against clear targets, timelines, and deliverables with clear lines of ownership and responsibility.