Research currently underway:
- Ranging and dispersal studies on badgers through GPS tracking of a badger population, in association with DAFM and NPWS. (Aoibheann Gaughran)
- Analysis of the genetic inter-relatedness of badger social groups (Aoibheann Gaughran)
- Bait delivery trials for vaccine delivery to badgers (Dave Kelly)
- A survey of the micro and macro endo-parasites found in badgers across Ireland and how this differs between sexes and age groups. This is a collaboration with the Parasitology group, TCD (Celia Holland).
- A long term biogeography investigation in Indonesia, investigating the evolutionary changes occurring in the bird populations living on islands near Sulawesi. This project is partly funded by Operation Wallacea
- Song analysis looking for the very first stages of speciation in bird populations on Indonesian islands. This project is in conjunction with Prof. Harte’s group: Digital Media Systems, Electronic & Electrical Engineering, TCD.
- Investigation of the effect of group foraging on the expression of foraging strategies by sticklebacks.