Skip to main content

Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin

Menu Search



You are here Undergraduate > Module Outlines > Senior Sophister > International Economics

International Economics

Module Code: EC410C

Module Name: International Economics

  • ECTS weighting: 10
  • Semester/term taught: Hilary Term
  • Contact Hours: 22 hours of lectures and 4 hours of tutorials
  • Module Personnel: Lecturer - Professor Agustín Bénétrix

Learning Outcomes

  • Learning Outcomes: knowledge of international macroeconomic models
  • analytical skill in the evaluation of international macroeconomic policies
  • capability in the interpretation of international macroeconomic data

Module Learning Aims

This module provides a comprehensive treatment of the field of international macroeconomics. This is one of the classical subjects in economics and is an attractive module choice for senior sophister students that wish to develop analytical skills for interpreting a wide set of issues in international macroeconomics. The module provides a survey of all the main topics in international macroeconomics, supplemented by applications to key contemporary policy issues.

Module Content

This module will cover the balance of payments, international capital flows and exchange rate determination. In addition, it will analyse macroeconomic policies for open economies; exchange rate regimes; sovereign debt; currency and financial crises; and global interdependence.

Back to top

Recommended Reading List

Rob Feenstra and Alan M. Taylor, International Economics, Worth publishers.

Back to top

Module Pre Requisite

EC2010

Back to top

Assessment Details

The final exam accounts for 80%. An essay assignment accounts for the remaining for 20% of the final mark.

Back to top

Module Website

Blackboard

Back to top