This page contains links to all individual undergraduate modules taught by Department of Economics staff. For each module there is a brief module description, module outline, recommended texts and assessment requirements. For some modules, the relevant lecturers have developed more extensive teaching materials and there is a link to this material where it is available.
Junior Fresh (JF - 1st Year)
- EC1110 Introduction to Economics A
- EC1111 Introduction to Economics B
- EC1130 Mathematics and Statistics A
- EC1131 Mathematics and Statistics B
- EC1140 Introduction to Economic Policy A
- EC1141 Introduction to Economics Policy B
Students must take modules equivalent to 30 ECTS. All modules have an ECTS weighting of 5. Students must take EC1110 & EC111, EC1130 & EC1131 and EC1140 & EC1141, with the exception of mathematics/economics students, who must take EC1110 & EC111, EC1140 & EC1141 and mathematics module ST1251/1252.
Senior Fresh (SF - 2nd Year)
- EC2110 Intermediate Economics A
- EC2111 Intermediate Economics B
- EC2120 Economy of Ireland A
- EC2121 Economy of Ireland B
- EC2140 Mathematical and Statistical Methods A
- EC2141 Mathematical and Statistical Methods B
Students must take modules equivalent to 30 ECTS. All modules have an ECTS weighting of 5. Mathematics/economics students must take EC2110 & EC2111, EC2120 & EC2121 and SO2310. Other students must take EC2110 & EC2111, EC2120 & EC2121 and EC2140 & EC2141.
Junior Sophister (JS - 3rd Year)
- EC3110 Economic Analysis A
- EC3111 Economic Analysis B
- EC3120 Money and Banking A
- EC3121 Money and Banking B
- EC3130 European Economy A
- EC3131 European Economy B
- EC3140 Economics of Less Developed Countries A
- EC3141 Economics of Less Developed Countries B
- EC3150 Investment Analysis A
- EC3151 Investment Analysis B
- EC3160 Economics of Policy Issues A
- EC3161 Economics of Policy Issues B
- EC3170 Industrial Economics A
- EC3171 Industrial Economics B
- EC3180 Mathematical Economics A
- EC3181 Mathematical Economics B
- EC3190 Econometrics A
- EC3191 Econometrics B
Students must take modules equivalent to 30 ECTS, which must include at least 10 ECTS from EC3110 & EC3111, EC3120 & EC3121, EC3160 & EC3161 and EC3190 & EC3191. All modules have an ECTS weighting of 5. Students may take Broad Curriculum modules equivalent to 10 ECTS instead of two of their options. Students intending to take their moderatorship part II in economics in pattern B must take EC3110 & EC3111 and EC3190 & EC3191. Mathematics/Economics students may not take EC3180 & EC3181.
Senior Sophister (SS - 4th Year)
- EC4010 Economic Theory
- EC4020 World Economy
- EC4041 Development Economics
- EC4051 Economics of Financial Markets
- EC4090 Quantitative Methods
- EC4100 International Economics
- EC4120 Economic and Legal Aspects Of Competition Policy
- EC4130 Economics Dissertation
- EC4150 Applied Economics
- EC4160 History of Economic Thought and Ideology
- EC4170 Topics in Political Economy
Pattern A students must take courses equivalent to 30 ECTS. Pattern A students may not take EC4130 Economics dissertation. Pattern B students must take courses equivalent to 60 ECTS. All courses have an ECTS weighting of 15.
TSM Economics and Mathematics may only choose EC4090 as a mathematics course.
Module registration forms for the 2018/19 academic year can be downloaded by using the following links:
Please download the relevant form and email it to email@example.com. Forms will be accepted by email only.