Module Code: EC7007
- ECTS Credit : 5
- Mandatory/Optional : Mandatory
- Module Coordinator : Prof. Martina Kirchberger and Prof. Davide Romelli
Aims of Module
The aim of this module is to introduce students to research methodologies and research topics in the field of economics with the aim of preparing students for completing a dissertation in the second semester.
This module will be delivered through a combination of weekly seminars and student presentations.
Upon completion of the course the students should be able to:
- critically evaluate economics literature across a broad range of field
- compare different research techniques and approaches
- associate specific research methods with particular areas of economic research
- communicate an understanding of real economic applications
- adapt what they have learned in the course to their dissertation
- plan a comprehensive dissertation which will connect closely with the MSc course
Students are guided through the process of developing a research idea and are given the opportunity to present their research ideas to the staff of the Department. Students are introduced to the research interests of the staff of the Department of Economics and visiting academics through the Departmental seminar series.